Columbia University, New York, NY, 2011-2015
Degree in Middle Eastern, South Asian, and African Studies; pre-medical track
Producer, Director, Co-editor, CSLittleFlower video series, November 2019-present
- Directed, co-edited, casted, and location scouted for a series of short videos promoting a perfume made by the brand Régime des Fleurs; shot video footage on iPhone while concurrently interviewing subjects
Blog Editor, PR, & Social Media Coordinator, Ezra, April 2019-February 2020
- Wrote and edited daily scientific blogs, handled public relations for the company; wrote daily social media content across four social media platforms; researched and wrote extensive copy for the website
Narrator, The First Cell, August 2019
- Narrated the audiobook for The First Cell, a book by Azra Raza; pronounced complex scientific terms as well as terms in Urdu, Arabic, Persian, and French; strategized how to narrate the book with minimal direction
Head of Research, Ark Media’s “The Gene,” September 2017-October 2018
- Co-developed a docuseries about the history of genetics for PBS
- Researched genetic diseases; screened archival material, created and uploaded hundreds of files to customized FileMaker databases; sorted files in FileMaker; managed a team of interns; wrote interview questions for some of the world’s leading scientists
Admissions & Engagement Associate, The Rubin Museum of Art, April 2016-September 2017
- Worked at the museum’s front desk; interacted with visitors; used a cash register; managed financial records; completed administrative tasks; handled the front desk during times of high traffic
Intern, Tonic, VICE’s health and science vertical, January 2017-May 2017
- Pitched and wrote daily; monitored the latest scientific studies; sought interviewees for highly specific projects; brainstormed ideas for newsletters and social media posts; built articles using CMS
Editorial Intern, Nautilus Magazine, March 2016-February 2017
- Wrote for the Nautilus blog; fact-checked articles; sorted videos by content and category
Consultant, Asia Society, January 2016-May 2016
- Wrote a multi-faceted proposal to facilitate bringing the Lahore Literary Festival from Pakistan to New York City
Assistant to artist Sarah Sze, September 2015-December 2015
- Helped organize and carry out the dinner reception and afterparty for Sze’s opening at the Tanya Bonakdar Gallery; negotiated business deals with venue managers; worked extensively with Microsoft Excel to manage guest lists
VIP staff member at Frieze Art Fair, May 2015 and May 2016
- Checked in VIP guests for several hours per day, often dealing with difficult guests amidst a high-pressure environment; assembled and distributed complementary gift bags for guests; memorized the constantly-fluctuating fair map and schedule
Writer for Longneck & Thunderfoot, April 2015-October 2015
- Researched and wrote multiple short articles per week on a variety of subjects including businesses and tourist activities in cities; worked within time frames and adhered to deadlines
Researcher at Dr. Siddhartha Mukherjee’s Lab, May 2012-June 2015
- Performed Leukemia research on mouse and human cells; presented research at weekly lab meetings; wrote scientific papers based on experimental results; shadowed Dr. Mukherjee in clinic
SELECTED PUBLISHED WORK:
“Can Unproven Health Rituals Help You Get Well?” Medium, 4/19/2019.
“We Asked People What It’s Like to Live With Deadly Food Allergies,” Tonic, 5/9/2017.
“We Asked Young People What It’s Like to Date While Anxious and Depressed,” Tonic, 4/7/2017.
“Can Candy Crush Really Stave off Bad Memories?” Tonic, 3/30/2017.
“In the Future We’ll Grow Body Parts from Plants,” Tonic, 3/28/2017.
“Evolution Puts on the Best Freak Show Going,” Nautilus, 5/27/2016.
More pieces available upon request.
Available upon request.